'In Business for Business'
What do most successful businesses have in common on Galiano Island?
They are active members of our Community and members of the Galiano Island Chamber of Commerce.
One of the attractions that draw people to Galiano Island is the island's sense of community. Part of any successful and sustainable community is economic stability. Part of living in a community is creating a cohesive network of businesses that strive to maintain the economical viability of that community so that we can all live, work and play here.
Become a part of that community. Become a part of the organization that:
- greets your guests and visiting relatives
- answers questions from the patrons of your shops and restaurants
- directs people to your services
- features your business effectively online on the Chamber of Commerce website
- annually publishes over 30,000 photo rich brochures listing your business name & location. Our brochures are available on both incoming & outgoing BC Ferries.
- funds & staffs the Visitor Information Booth, located just off the Ferry Terminal.
All of these functions benefit everyone: the visitor, the guest, the relative, the resident, the business owner, and our Island as a whole.
The Galiano Chamber website is often the first contact point that both new residents and visitors have with Galiano. It is one of the primary sources for visitors wanting to find information about our Island. Visitors can quickly locate and be in touch with accommodations, recreational activities, retail shops, art galleries, our community services organizations and a variety of food stores, all from this one website. Statistics show that galianoisland.com is consistently at the top of search results for "Galiano Island".