Galiano Island is passionate about hospitality and welcoming visitors. However, the current health crisis is the most serious challenge we have faced in our community, for our residents and our Island economy, and it is impacting that welcoming hospitality.
If you are planning on visiting our island, please note the following:
- The COVID-19 pandemic affected all communities in Canada, including Galiano Island. Travel restrictions, social responsibility, and health concerns have been top of mind for everyone here. Our Island businesses have reopened gradually and carefully, some are still closed temporarily, and most are ready to welcome visitors again.
- Mandatory and precautionary measures are being taken by all businesses, please observe these to keep you and our island safe. Local businesses and services have also adjusted their procedures, service levels and hours. Some restaurants are open for seated guests, some for take-out only. Please contact them directly to make reservations at your favourite place. Some accommodations will not be ready to open this summer,
- Social distancing is still a requirement…and good sense. Please observe it wherever you are. We follow the guidelines of our Health Care providers.
- Our Visitor Information Booth is not staffed, but we have made available maps and information. Our Visitor Map is online, too. Volunteers are available virtually to answer any questions you might have about travel and services. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our social media channels (Facebook / Instagram). We are available 7 days a week to answer questions.
- Our Parks and trails and beaches are open…it’s time everyone had a chance to get out into the beauty of Nature…and we have more places to discover.
- And one last word...It will be a HOT, DRY summer…so PLEASE observe all fire restrictions carefully and conserve water at all times.
We also ask you to consider buying a Gift Certificate now, for a stay or dinner or gift…it will help our small businesses make it through difficult times.
Community COVID-19 Support Bulletin Board
Thank you for your interest in our Island during these trying times.
As you are aware, things are a little topsy-turvy these days and life on Galiano is no different. This is a time when our community needs all the support it can muster.
Below is a list of businesses that are offering "Gift Certificates" for a "buy now, visit later" experience. If you are thinking of visiting us some time in the future, now would be a good time to book your trip and help support our small business owners through this crisis.
We recognize that a community is strongest when everyone's needs are met. In this time of crisis, membership should be subordinate to support. This list is open to all businesses on Galiano. If you would to include your business on the list below, please let us know here.